Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Politically correct birthday snowman



Ok, so I used to have this tradition of making a snowman cake for my birthday, and I haven't done that for years. So this year what I really felt like was a sugar free pumpkin pie without the crust. SO I made a couple of pie fillings without crust in cake pans and put them together to make this snowman. (It tasted amazing.) I feel that it is politically correct and a sign of my wisdom as I get older.
The other cake was an eggnog cake with a caramel/eggnog frosting. I took it to the Christmas party, however, with all of the wonderful things to eat no one ever tried it. I ended up throwing it away.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Finally you put something new on your blog. (I'm really interested in the pictures in the background!) I love your quilt and impressed with all your Christmas gifts...you are wonderful and thoughtful. Your birthday "everything free" cake-pie looks....interesting. Now, help me put something new on my blog!

Ariel said...

wow. thats so sad about the christmas cake. i started drooling a bit at the description. :)

sorry we missed sunday, my car is pretty much evil. i'll post a video of what we ended up resorting to in order to remove my flat tire on my blog later...

miss seeing you. we should do something soon.