Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Visiting Peru- I hope the real thing isn't as complicated

The trip: Every student in my classroom has a job. We have everything from a bus driver to a garbage man. There is a president and a banker and everything in between so that they can run the classroom and I can sit back and watch as much as possible.
At the end of every term they apply for a "passport" and depending on their job they are given a first class or coach plane ticket. We then set up the classroom to resemble the country we are learning about, and they go around to different stations and
have conversations in Spanish. Every now and then we have gangsters or Secret Service or counterfeit money etc. The last time we did this was Halloween. I figured the kids would be messing around anyway, might as well give them something productive to do.
Here are some of them enjoying the country:

1 comment:

lamack said...

Sue, you are so amazing! I think you just must be the coolest teacher ever! I wish I could come watch you teach. I wish I had a teacher like you in Junior High.